- This event has passed.
Back to School Shoes, Socks & Underwear Give Away
July 17 - July 21
Kokomo Rescue Mission (321 W. Mulberry St.)
The new school year is just around the corner, and we want every student to experience the joy of receiving a brand new pair of school shoes. The Rescue Mission, in partnership with Crossroads Community Church and other area churches, invites income-qualified members of the community to come “shop” for free back to school shoes for students K-12. Every qualified student will receive brand new shoes, socks, and underwear for the coming school year.
The Shoe Shop will be open in Kokomo Rescue Mission’s Chapel during select times:
- Monday, July 17 – Friday, July 21
- 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
You could be denied for Back to School Shoes from KRM if you do not have complete information! Please bring the following items:
- A current photo ID.
- Social Security Cards and birth dates for ALL SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN in your home.
- One proof of income is necessary. You must have one of the following:
- A copy of last year’s IRS 1040 form.
- A letter from Family Services documenting that you are approved for Food Stamps and the date approved.
- A Food Stamp card along with a grocery receipt that is less than 30 days old. The receipt must show an EBT F/S balance greater than $0.00.
- A recent letter from Medicaid, TANF, WIC, SSI or SSDI or a letter stating that an application has been filed for government assistance. These letters may be obtained from the appropriate agency.
- A copy of your lease or most recent re-certification letter showing you live in subsidized housing (you receive assistance for paying your rent.)