Feeding the Hungry
• Hot nutritious meals are available to the public twice daily in the Mission's dining room.
• For guests in the Mission's shelters, three meals are served every day.
• Groceries are distributed through the Mission warehouse.
• Food to You, a mobile food pantry distributes groceries monthly in neighborhoods in the Kokomo area where no pantry is within walking distance.
• Clinton County Ministry of Hope serves a free supper on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and provides groceries monthly on the third Tuesday evening.
In 2010, KRM served 120, 470 hot nutritious meals and provided groceries for almost 40,000 meals.
• Free clothing is available through the Care and Share Store once every 90 days to any person whose income falls below the federal poverty guidelines.
• Furniture, appliances and household goods are given to families upon determination of need.
In 2010, KRM gave 41,535 pieces of clothing to needy families and provided 695 pieces of furniture and appliances for people in need.
• Traditional Thanksgiving meals were served by KRM's Clinton County Ministry of Hope at both their locations.
• In partnership with Kokomo Urban Outreach, KRM provided food for Thanksgiving banquets in 11 of their Neighborhoods of Hope the night before Thanksgiving.
• On Thanksgiving Day, dinner was delivered to shut-ins by volunteers and served at Grace United Methodist Church from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm.
A total of 1953 Thanksgiving Banquet meals were served in 2010. Read more...
• Kokomo Rescue Mission's Red Ribbon Christmas Outreach provides boxes of toys, gifts, food and toiletries for families throughout the six county area served by the Mission.
• Volunteers wrap the gifts and deliver the boxes to the homes of recipients. To schedule a group to wrap gifts, call the Special Events Coordinator at (765) 456-3838. You may fill out a Driver's Application online or call the Special Events Coordinator for more infomation.
In 2012, the RED RIBBON CHRISTMAS OUTREACH provided 3,220 people throughout a six-county area with food and gifts.